Designed for your daily commute, a demanding sportive, or an epic gran fondo, the Specialized Elite Road shoes feature 360-degree reflectivity for high visibility, and they're designed with Body Geometry technology for superior comfort and an intuitive ratchet buckle for a sure fit.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbed: ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Injection-molded nylon composite sole is engineered to be moderately stiff yet light: Stiffness Index 6.0.
- Reflective elements at the heel, closure straps, and mesh for visibility.
- Ratchet buckle and over strap for secure closure.
- Synthetic and mesh upper with offset straps for great fit.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 288g (1/2 pair, size 42)
I own these shoes and while they still look great after 100 rides, the ratchet stap is broken and specialized will not repair or replace the shoes. Poor service on their part. Spend more and get a better pair of shoes.
Bottom LineNo, I would not recommend this to a friend
I bought these to replace a very old pair of Specialized Comps. I took to them immediately,the ratcheting buckles were easy to use even while riding and my foot felt secure but not crowded. There isn't a lot of venting in the uppers and on a hot day my feet felt noticeably warm (as did everything else it was 103). My speed play cleats attached without difficulty. It's not as good as the higher priced racing shoes but that's to be expected. All in all not bad for [$]!.
Bottom LineYes, I would recommend this to a friend